The community-focused retailer will donate 10% of all wine sales during their grand opening weekend to Pearland ISD Education Foundation
Total Wine & More, America’s largest independently-owned retailer of fine wine, spirits and beer, announced the opening of its 11th Houston-area location in Pearland. Located at 10322 Broadway St., the store will open to the public on Thursday, Nov. 15 with a weekend-long grand opening celebration featuring live music, free wine, beer and spirits tastings and more.
The new Total Wine & More store spans 24,500 square feet and features the retailer’s signature bright, open layout, wide aisles and store features that make Total Wine & More stores unlike anything else.
Features of the store include:
- More than 8,000 wines from every wine-producing region in the world, including thousands of unique and hard to find wines;
- More than 3,000 spirits in every style and price range;
- More than 2,500 beers form America’s most popular brands to hard-to-find microbrews, imports and proud Texas favorites;
- A wine tasting station, where customers can sample and learn more about specific producers, regions and varietals;
- The Brewery District™ that features local Texas and regional craft beers;
- A walk-in humidor featuring more than 300 types of fine cigars; and
- High-tech Wine Education Center (classroom) offering dozens of wine, beer and spirits consumer classes throughout the year and special tasting events like “Meet the Maker” series and “virtual tastings” with producers from around the world. When not being used, the center is available free of charge to local nonprofits, community and business groups as a meeting space.
“At Total Wine & More we listen to our customers when they tell us they want the best in price, service, selection and customer experience,” said Edward Cooper, Total Wine’s Vice President for Public Affairs and Community Relations. “Our customers in Pearland told us they wanted a Total Wine & More near them, so we took the extraordinary step of working with the community and local residents to undertake a local option election for package stores like us to sell wine, beer and spirits in Pearland and provide the convenience that our customers deserve.”
Supporting Innovative Learning for Students in Pearland
Total Wine & More is proud to support the community by donating 10 percent of all wine sales during opening weekend (November 15-17) to the Pearland ISD Education Foundation. This donation is the first, of many, that Total Wine & More’s Pearland store will make in the local community. The nonprofit provides resources to enrich teaching, inspire learning and enhance opportunities for students enrolled in the Pearland Independent School District.
A Commitment to Customer Service
Customers of Total Wine & More’s Pearland store will experience the best-in-class customer service for which Total Wine & More is known. Before they have assisted their first customer, team members participate in more than 100 hours of specialized instruction and training on various wine regions, production methods, varietals, brew styles and tasting profiles. Team members are readily available to share knowledge with customers, be it in the aisles of the stores, during one of the many in-store tasting session featuring national and international “rock star” vintners, brewers and distillers or during Total Wine’s “virtual tastings” taking place in the store’s classroom.
About Total Wine & More
Founded and co-owned by brothers David and Robert Trone, Total Wine & More is the nation’s largest independently owned retailer of fine wine, beer and spirits. Based in Bethesda, Maryland, the company has grown from the first, small store in Delaware opened in 1991, to over 190 superstores in 23 states. The company’s unmatched selection of products, combined with low everyday prices and expertly trained wine associates, brings a unique shopping experience to the customer. Total Wine & More has the distinction of being a four-time National Retailer of the Year – recognized by Beverage Dynamics in 2008, Market Watch in 2006 and Wine Enthusiast in 2004 and 2014. Total Wine & More is the only retailer in the country to have twice been named Wine Enthusiast’s retailer of the year. Since its founding, Total Wine & More has been committed to being the premier alcohol retailer in every community that it serves. More information on Total Wine & More including its community outreach efforts, product offerings, stores locations and hours of operations are available at www.totalwine.com.